Site news

To all students

To all students

by Ian Granger -
Number of replies: 0

Dear Students at Notre Dame, 

You may be aware that one of the teaching unions – the NEU – has called for strike action on Thursday 17th October 2019, 5th November 2019 and 20th November 2019 over the governments funding cuts to the sixth form sector, pay and conditions.

Only a proportion of Notre Dame teaching staff are members of this union and so the College will remain open on these dates and we expect the majority of lessons to carry on as normal.   Unfortunately, I do not know until the specified day which teachers will be involved in this action and therefore I cannot predict which of your lessons will be affected. If any of your teachers are absent on that day, you will be given an approved absence mark and be expected to work in the IT suite, library or Upper and Lower Study spaces. You can of course, always continue to use Moodle.

Teachers have been asked to sign in on these days, so you can check the list at Main Reception if your teachers is in College for lessons later in the day. There will be plenty of staff available in College on these days. Please be assured that your safety and care is paramount.

I am anticipating minimal disruption to your education

Yours sincerely

Justine